Office Tenant Assistance
Services We Offer:
- 初步搜查办公室空间(由经纪公司负责实际搜查, leasing and transaction)
- Neighborhood-based research beyond your office-space needs, such as retailers, 吸引员工和游客的酒店和其他设施
- Employee welcome kits with local maps and guides
Contact Economic Development
Director 研究, Economic Development
Incentives Available Within Lower Manhattan
April 2020 Update: The New York State legislature voted to adopt a budget which included the renewal of three Lower Manhattan leasing incentives with no changes for the next three years. The programs include:
- The Commercial Revitalization Program (CRP) Part I (Real Property Tax abatement) and Part II (Commercial Rent Tax special abatement)
- Lower Manhattan Energy Program (LMEP)
- Lower Manhattan NYS Sales Tax Exemption Area A (non-World Trade Center) and Area B (World Trade Center, Battery Park City)
LM-REAP was also extended for a period of five years with the addition of a new reporting requirement for companies receiving that specific benefit.
For an estimate of the value of these benefits, use our business calculator.
Commercial Revitalization Program
The Commercial Revitalization Program (CRP) was developed with the goal of rehabilitating older building stock in Lower Manhattan. The New York City Department of Finance provides benefits under CRP through two tax incentives: $2.50个房地产税减免和一个商业租赁税特别减免. These benefits apply to nonresidential or mixed use premises located in designated abatement zones. Applicants are also required to make certain minimum expenditures to improve the eligible premises.
- Tenants must relocate from within Manhattan to be eligible. Relocations from outer boroughs are ineligible.
- 租户只能在CRP下获得一次福利，即使他们搬到一个新地点. 但是，如果租用额外的空间，这种收益可以继续或增加.
- Subleases are not eligible.
- 要访问商业振兴计划的网站， 点击这里.
- 要查看商业振兴计划的申请， 点击这里.
- 这些福利在福利期的最后两年逐渐减少, and are reduced to 2/3 of the benefit in the second-last year, and 1/3 in the last year. 访问BET9九卅娱乐手机版的 incentives-calculator或电子邮件 firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the value of these programs.
Real Estate Tax Abatement (CRP Part I)
Under CRP, the Department of Finance offers a $2.50 per square foot real estate tax abatement for up to 5 years for commercial tenants that locate in non-residential pre-1975 buildings in Lower Manhattan and make improvements to their space. Leases must commence prior to March 31, 2024. 房屋必须位于默里街和布鲁克林大桥以南, west of South Street and east of West Street.
- 根据员工数量的不同，租约可能是3年、5年或10年. Firm with less than 125 employees may have 3 or 5 year leases (or longer) and will receive the benefit for 3 to 5 years, depending on the length of lease. Firms employing over 125 people must have 10 year leases, and will receive the benefit for 5 years.
- Tenants receive the benefit as a pass-through from their landlord and must jointly apply for the tax abatement with their landlord.
- 所需开支是根据雇员人数和租期长短而定的, and must be a minimum of $5, $10, or $35 dollars per square foot of net leasable space.
Commercial Rent Tax Special Reduction (CRP Part II)
CRP的CRT部分提供商业租金免税, 由零售商和商业企业支付的每年租金超过200美元的税,每年000. 非营利性公司不符合条件，因为他们不支付商业租金税.
租户必须位于运河街以南的非住宅建筑, and leases must commence prior to June 30, 2023. 符合条件的企业将获得长达5年的免税, which is 6% of the base rent.
工业 & Commercial Abatement Program (毅联汇业)
毅联汇业, administered through the New York City Department of Finance, is a benefit for developers that provides a partial exemption from or abatement of property taxes for up to 25 years for eligible industrial and commercial buildings south of Murray Street that are built, 现代化, 恢复, 扩大, or otherwise physically improved. Eligibility for 毅联汇业 benefits may also allow a participant to receive reduced energy rates through the Lower Manhattan Energy Program (LMEP-see below for more information).
- Developers of commercial projects must make expenditures of at least 30% of the assessed value of the project in the year the building permit is issued.
- 新的商业建筑可获得11年的完全豁免, 然后是4年的豁免期，津贴每年减少20%.
- Commercial renovation projects in Lower Manhattan are eligible and receive a full exemption on the increase in assessed value due to the improvements for 8 years, 然后是4年的豁免期，津贴每年减少20%.
- For new commercial construction, retail up to 10% of the total property is eligible for the standard 25-year benefit schedule and retail above 10% receives a modified 15-year benefit schedule. For renovation projects, when retail makes up more than 5% of the total property, 该建筑物的零售部分不符合该项优惠条件.
- 需要两份申请——一份初步申请和一份最终申请. 在颁发建筑许可证之前，必须先提出初步申请.
- Pursuant to new provisions of the law, 7月1日后已获发许可证或开工的工程项目, 2020, is prohibited from receiving the 毅联汇业 benefit if any portion of such property is used as a self-storage facility.
- An abatement may be suspended, 受让人经主管机关认定为终止或撤销者, 有管辖权的机构或法院侵犯了任何国家, 市或市有关纳税之业务条例或条例, 向政府实体支付工资或欺诈陈述, or to have violated any provision of the Human Rights Law.
- Reporting requirements are 扩大 beyond continuing use of the property to also include employment creation, job retention and tenancy data.
- Preliminary applications must be filed before building permits are issued and before February 28, 2025.
To access the application for 毅联汇业, 点击这里.
The LM-REAP-EB and SEB programs, administered by the New York City Department of Finance, 提供了一个3美元,000 tax credit per employee, 从这5个区以外搬到BET9九卅娱乐下城的企业每年都会得到补贴. 这项优惠可能会抵扣纽约市一般企业税(NYC General Corporation Tax), the Banking Corporation Tax, the Unincorporated Business Tax, and / or the Utility Tax.
Companies must have been in business for at least 24 months before relocating or expanding to Lower Manhattan and must move at least one employee to the Lower Manhattan location from offices outside the city. If you are new to NYC, you qualify as an Eligible Business (EB). If you already have a Manhattan presence, but are moving employees from outside NYC to Lower Manhattan, you qualify as a Special Eligible Business (SEB).
- Companies must relocate to a non-residential building that has been improved by construction or renovation, or must sign a lease of at least three years and spend $25 per square foot on improving their space themselves.
- Retail businesses and hotels are not eligible.
- The tax credit is capped at either 100 jobs, or two times the total employment prior to the relocation, whichever is greater.
- REAP获奖者必须提交年度资格证书(“证书”), the new law requires that going forward, in addition to filing these Certificates, a recipient must also file a statement with the average wage of benefits offered to the applicable relocated employees used in determining eligible aggregate employment shares under the program.
- Applications are due by June 30, 2025.
Sales Tax Exemption
这个程序, 由纽约州税务和财政部管理, provides an exemption from the sales tax on goods purchased for the build-out of office space in Lower Manhattan (south of Murray Street).
- Lease terms must be at least 10 years. Leases must commence prior to September 1, 对BET9九卅娱乐下城弗兰克福德和默里街以南的大多数租户来说，这是2023年, with benefits expiring December 1, 2024. Leases must commence by September 1, 2025 for tenants in Brookfield Place, World Trade Center or Battery Park City, with benefits expiring December 1, 2026.
- Businesses that locate in the World Trade Center, 7世界贸易, Brookfield Place, or Battery Park City, can receive an exemption on sales tax for all goods purchased, including personal property such as furniture and equipment.
- Businesses located in all other areas south of Murray Street can receive an exemption only on those goods purchased for a build-out, 这将导致永久性的资本改善空间. 个人财产、家具和其他非永久性物品不符合条件.
- Retail businesses are not eligible.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing
2019年第96号地方法律确立了资产评估清洁能源(PACE)融资计划. The NYC Accelerator PACE Financing Program, 由纽约市能源效率公司管理, was designed to help property owners meet the City’s ambitious carbon emission targets under the Climate Mobilization Act by providing access to low-cost, 能源效率和可再生能源改造的长期资本.
PACE financing can be used to fund energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy systems as defined in the Local Law, 还有软成本，如能源审计和可行性研究, 以及其他与安装或节能措施性能有关的硬成本. What are the benefits of PACE loans?
- Immediate cash flow benefits
- Recovery of landlord investment in improved tenant spaces, 因为PACE费用可以通过大多数商业租赁
- Long term (often between 20 and 30 years)
- Competitive interest rates
Any commercial or multifamily (3 units and larger) building, including tax exempt non-profit and religious facilities, health care facilities, and industrial properties.
Lower Manhattan Energy Program
The Lower Manhattan Energy Program (LMEP) is administered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS). The program provides qualified buildings energy at discounts of up to 45% off of standard rates. 好处, which are available for 12 years, are provided to property owners, 谁会选择把储蓄分给租户(政府机构, personal service providers, public benefit corporations, and retailers are not eligible).
- 业主必须根据工业楼宇条例对建筑物进行改善，才符合资格 & Commercial Incentive Program (毅联汇业) or get approval from the New York City 工业 Development Agency (IDA). 改善必须满足房地产评估价值30%的最低投资门槛.
- The building owner or developer must submit an LMEP application to SBS before a building permit is issued for the construction or renovation.
- Tenants — tenants in eligible buildings do not need to submit an application to receive LMEP benefits. 相反，租户可以直接向房东要求福利. *When negotiating a lease, tenants should confirm the status of the building either with the building manager or the Department of Small Business Services.
To view a list of participating buildings for the LMEP program, 点击这里.